Welcome to your wiki!
Slim wiki is a fast and slim wiki based on PHP and Markdown.
- Write your pages in (GitHub-flavored) Markdown - no fancy wiki syntax no one can remember, instead pretty text written in a widely used standard.
- Add code snippets with syntax highlighting to your pages. Slim wiki has support for a ton of languages.
- No database required - everything is file-based.
- Beautiful styling.
- Edit your pages with a single click in a great editor - no tiny little text area.
- Instant preview of your changes.
- Slim wiki is open source (MIT license)
- PHP 5.3+
- Apache Webserver with
- Download the latest
- Extract the zip and put the contents on your webspace.
- Create a
config.xml(copy and adjust the example).
- Give write permissions to the server for the directory
data(including subdirectories and files).
How to use the wiki
- Just click on the
Editbutton at the top right corner and start writing.
- If you are not familiar with Markdown, check out the Markdown cheat sheet.
- Your changes are automatically saved as soon as you stop writing for a second. If you see your changes on the right side of the edit view, they will be already saved (with a daily backup) and public. There is no save button you have to press.
- You can add new pages by adding a link to a non-existing page. Then click the link and slim wiki will allow you to create the new page.
- Use the main page as overview and add links to subpages.
- You can add a link to a directory having a
- The extension
.mdis optional - slim wiki will add it automatically.
- Underscores in directory or file names are shown as spaces in the breadcrumbs. So if you name your page
My_new_page.md, it will be shown as
My new page.
How to develop slim wiki
Check out the project page on GitHub.